Sunday 10 June 2012

I like to be by the seaside

So Dougall called tonight and I said "where are you" and he said "I'm by the seaside". I said, stop being funny, I know you're on the coast, but where are you?? And he just kept saying he's by the seaside. Ha, turns out there's a town at the northern bit of coast in Oregon that's called Seaside. So, he's in another Motel 6 there. Ride went well today, still chilly, not much headwind though. Total of 120 miles today, which puts him over 800 miles, which is what he was aiming for today. He had dinner at a place right next to the hotel and had a 32 ounce burger with a mountain of garlic mash. I'm pretty sure a 32 ounce burger is bigger than normal. As a veggie, I'm not sure, but I think it's four times as big as usual? Anyway, he's not starving. His butt is hurting, but not so much that it's any kind of problem. No boils have yet arisen. The pain-o-meter is at not much pain, which for mere mortals means quite some discomfort. Anyways, he's fine at now over 800 miles, so all is well in insane-cycle-challenge-land.