Tuesday 5 June 2012

Timber Cove!

Update!! I got a message from Dougall on the answering machine -- there's ZERO mobile coverage on a whole stretch of highway he's taking along the coast. So, he managed 126 miles yesterday and got to Timber Cove on the coast. I had a look at the website of the Timber Cove Inn and it looks pretty snazzy and expensive!!! He told me he was going to stay in cheap motels! Well, I guess that didn't happen last night, ha!
(Of course all the sponsorship goes straight to charity, just in case anyone missed that, so he's paying for all the cycle trip stuff!) I had a look at the weather too, it's quite cool still, a bit cloudy and about 63F so should be pretty comfortable cycling. According to Dougall's message, he's going to try to find a landline to phone me from tonight, so more updates tomorrow. Sorry no news on boils/blisters/pain levels thus far....