Wednesday 20 June 2012

McCloud

Dougall called yesterday evening saying he was in McCloud (south of Shasta) and said he wasn't done for the day. Luckily my sister is well acquainted with the area, so I could warn him that if he continued, chances that he could actually find accommodation was slim!!! So he stayed in a B&B in McCloud that my sister knew and had a lovely room. I forgot to ask him the mileage, but it was over 100 miles, so total is rising at a respectable rate. Today there is no mobile coverage, I haven't heard anything all day. Mobile coverage thus far has been disappointing, with nearly every other day being out of reach. Dougall did say he had had another puncture, but it fixable, so no real problem there. Here's another of the photos he sent the other day,this one on the top of Bennet Pass.